How to Schedule the HSG Test
The purpose of an HSG is to make sure that the uterine cavity is of normal shape, that there are no uterine fibroids or polyps, and that the fallopian tubes are open.
The hysterosalpingogram (tubal X-rays or HSG) is done between day 5 and 9 of your menstrual cycle.
If you are an established Boca Fertility patient:
Please call our office at (561) 368-5500 to schedule the test when you start your menses. If your period begins on a weekend, please call our office on Monday to schedule for the test.
If you are referred by your gynecologist:
- Call our office at (561) 368-5500 with your menses to schedule the test. If your period begins on a weekend, please call our office on Monday to schedule for the test.
- Download and complete your New Patient Registration forms below.
- Obtain any necessary referrals (prescription for HSG) from your physician.
- Obtain a prescription for Doxycycline and Anaprox from your gynecologist.
- Tell your doctor if you are or might be pregnant.
- You should inform the doctor if you are allergic to iodine dye.